Saturday 23 May 2009

24th May

I have just insished work at the adult shop where i have worked all night. it is exactly 10.07am here. I worked from 9pm to 7am, desperate for the money. I made $140. But i only have $50 in my account atmo, and next friday my rent will be $120. So i have $50 to live on. I myt get more shifts in the week, but frankie says its packed quite full, so probs only wkends. But on thursday i am starting a job at a restaurant down the road, i just hope i can keep myself alive till then. I will try to get my tax back cos i need it. And if that damn $500 from the bet will come then ill be fine! The passport hasnt arrived either, it must've been over 13 days...This guy paul at the hostel says same thing happened to him, hes english, hes been waiting 3 weeks and still no passport. If they pull that trick with me my flights will run out. I no im sounding stressed, but im not really - only half-delirious from no sleep. Ive been reading about the liberation and cultural awareness of the
60s - in a book, published might i add by FABER & FABER, called the story of jimi hendrix and post-war pop. Very intriguing stuff, its soprt of set my brain into a motion of peace and hippiness, heightened by reading of sexual liberations which is particularly relevant after working 10 hours at an adult shop, helping the dear people of this world fulfill their basic insticts in whatever fashion their superegos fill fit to ask of them. Anyway i lost the point of writing.

Point is im low on funds - but success! the money from the consulate has gone through on my halifax card, so the bastards have their stinking $279 - ha! The swedes only have to pay $100 - and is that because britian is a far-superior place to sweden! - complkete bull.
But my halifax account reads -51pound - but take into account overdraft i have the little sum of 48pound, but then double this and you get dollar(sort-of) and presto - im in the money!
Well sarcasm is always hard to portray when firstly you hate the form of humour in the first place and secondly it doesnt come out so obviously in the written form. All of which at the moment is being written by a semi-deliousinal freak - high on caffeine and stinking of booze. Ha! But that is the constant stench of all backpackers - so no fear!

Anyway, if i can keep myself alive till thursday i may be able to bring myself back from the brink of non-existence. So my plan - to save up money, if i can get work, whiulst waiting for passport, get a bit for thailand, and carry some back to UK to start paying off my ever-increasing debts.

I went to the writers festival last week - very intersting, lots of strange poets and old people sipping on lattes constantly. Some of it was good, very interesting. One of the workshops would have probably benefited my writing greatly - but alas, it was expensive and they sold out in a giffy.

Anyway, till next time. Where most probably ill be back to my coherent, but nervertheless dishevelled, whole. Much love to all my readers, whoever the hell you are! Now sod off and watch eastenders!

No comments: